These terms and conditions form the basis on which you can visit us and our website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
General terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Precious Design, a trading division of JK Design & Manufacture Ltd, of Unit 2, Private Road 1 North, Colwick, Industrial Estate, Nottingham, England, NG4 2JQ. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The contract between us
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we
will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order
brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
2. Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by Precious Design, a trading division of JK Design & Manufacture Ltd. Any use of this
website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial use, is prohibited
without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
3. Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and
that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their
prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximate only.
4. Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible
through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in
the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the Goods you have ordered are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone
(if you have given us details). You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
6. Ordering errors
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you click on ‘submit’ during the ordering process.
7. Larger Projects
The Company welcomes trade enquires and wholesale prices, showing VAT separately, will be applied. Shipping costs will be agreed and dependent upon volume. Lead times will be by arrangement.
8. Custom Made
Should a customer require a design outside of the standard range, the price will be dependent upon the approved design specification. Where technically possible, the design will be made available to the customer in all materials used by Precious Design.
The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time
of entering information. Our VAT registered number is GB 970390414.
Wherever it is not possible to accept your order to buy goods of the specification and description at the price indicated, we will advise you by email,
offer to sell you the goods of the specification and description at the price stated in the email and will state the period for which the offer or the
price remains valid.
10. Payment terms
We will charge your credit account for payment upon receipt of your order unless delivery cannot be fulfilled within 30 days. We accept no liability if a
delivery is delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the goods from your account
then we can cancel the contract and or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
11. Delivery charges
Our delivery is free of charge to UK mainland destinations. For cost of delivery to other destinations please contact us.
- 12.1 Our delivery charges are shown above.
- 12.2 We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate and include your postal code.
- 12.3 All goods require a signature of receipt and so we shall advise you in advance of the date of delivery to you. Please ensure that the delivery address you’ve given is one where someone is normally available to accept delivery.
- 12.4 Please check that your planters are not damaged upon delivery – do not sign for damaged goods. If the courier refuses to wait whilst you check, then please make a note to that effect on the delivery consignment note. We do not accept responsibility for damaged goods if you have already signed for them as being received in good condition. Any damaged goods that are unsigned for must be reported to us within 3 days of receipt. After this time we cannot accept liability for the goods.
- 12.5 If you are unable to be present to receive delivery you may advise us of a safe location for the consignment to be left. Please be precise about where you would like the goods left if you are out when we deliver. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence).
- 12.6 We aim to despatch your order from stock but if your item is unavailable, we promise to despatch within 5-7 working days. If you have urgent requirements then please do call us and we’ll make every effort to meet your deadline.
- 12.7 To keep shipping costs at a low level, all items ordered together will be despatched together. If your order includes an item which is listed as unavailable at that time, then your order will not be despatched until that item is in stock.
- 12.8 Items that are in stock but are to be powder coated to the colour specified by you will incur a lead time of 2-3 working days.
- 12.9 We make every effort to keep all stock information on this website up to date, but occasionally we will slip up and a product will be out of stock. If there are any delays or other problems with your order, we promise to contact you immediately.
- 12.10 If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period and we will contact you to arrange an alternative time.
- 12.11 You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
13. Risk and ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of the goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you, or if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we
tried to deliver. You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied
are not for resale.
14. Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order
You will need to provide us with your e-mail address and we will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and e-mail you
again to confirm details. An acceptance of your order will take place on despatch of the good(s) ordered.
15. Cancellation rights
- 15.1 Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods (with the exception of
any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. However, you will need
to notify us if you wish to cancel your contract.
- 15.2 If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If
you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send
the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- 15.3 Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as
soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
- 15.4 You will be re-credited for the costs incurred in returning faulty or unsatisfactory goods – please remember that faulty or damaged goods must be
advised to us within 3 days of receipt. Please ensure that the goods are returned in their original packaging and carton and return via recorded delivery.
16. Cancellation by us
- 16.1 We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- 16.1.1 we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- 16.1.2 we do not deliver to your area; or
- 16.1.3 one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received
by us from our suppliers.
- 16.2 If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as
possible but in any event within 30 days of your order.
- 17.1 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us
in writing at our contact address of the problem within 60 days of the date on which you ordered the goods (unless this is not reasonably practicable). If
you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- 17.1.1 to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- 17.1.2 to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- 17.1.3 to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- 17.2 Both parties shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- 17.3 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to
purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no
representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- 17.4 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable
local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury
resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Unit 2,
Private Road 1 North, Colwick Industrial Estate, Nottingham, England, NG4 2JQ and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to
18. Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
19. Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in
accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts
are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any
other part of these conditions will not be affected.
22. Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.